Further extensive reconstruction appears to have taken place under the Safavids, according to the upper inscription, which refers to reconstruction in 1644 CE (1044 AH) undertaken by a local greengrocer.
The exteriori tilework is very fine. The spandrels on either side of the entrance show the early use of a greenish-ochre colour, which is used to provide highlights.
The remains of the mehrab inside the mausoleum are impressive and there is a magnificent vaulted roof, which probably dates from the 14th century and foreshadows the more exotic developments of the 15th century. The mausoleum is generally locked but in 1999 the key could be obtained from the small shop on the right.