The St. George Church, also known as the 'Gevork' church is located a little to the northeast of the intersection between Hakim Nezami Street and Nazar Street, on the left hand side of the former. It stands behind a high wall and the view from the street is shown above. It is the third oldest church in Jolfa, constructed in 1611 C.E.
The Church is principally famous for the blocks of stone from the original church in Armenia, which have been placed in an annexe. These are gerarded with great devotion by the Armenian community who light candles close to them and pray beside them.
The interior of the church is plain, but there is a fine piece of tilework depicting the Adoration of the Magi above the entrance which was placed there in 1719 C.E.